In the myPhysio section you can get information on specific topics like Injuries and Treatments in the Injury Clinic,eBooks, Exercise Videos, and more to help you with a specific problem or improve your general health. Be sure to check back regularly as we will be updating this section and adding great content to the site!
BEFORE YOU START
- Check with your doctor or healthcare provider for permission to start any new exercise program.
- Always include a warm-up and cool-down in an exercise session. The best activities for both of these are slower, less intense forms of whatever exercise you do for aerobic training.
- Don’t exercise for 90 minutes after eating a meal.
- Stop exercise immediately if you feel chest discomfort, lightheaded or dizzy.
- Avoid exercises that cause pain in joints.
- Do not exercise when suffering from the flu or respiratory tract infections.
- Replenish the water your body loses during exercise. Drink water before, during and after exercise.
- Reduce exercise intensity in high altitudes or in extreme cold, heat or humidity.
- Wear appropriate footwear and clothing that allows the evaporation of sweat.